CMC Ludhiana MBBS Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should be citizen of India. The candidates from other countries can apply under NRI category for which another prospectus is available.
CMC UG AWT 2012 Exam Date
Admission Written Test: May 25, 2012 (14:00)
Eligibility Criteria For UG AWT 2012
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age on 31st December 2012 (the date of birth being shown on the Matriculation or Higher Secondary Certificate or equivalent certificate). Applicants born after 31st December 1995 are not eligible to apply for admission to Undergraduate courses starting in July 2012.
Applicants must be citizens of India for UG AWT 2012. Persons of Indian Origin with Citizenship of other countries may apply under NRI category for which a separate prospectus is available. No other foreign national will be admitted.
- A candidate for admission to MBBS and BDS courses must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination.
- For admission to B.Sc. Nursing and BPT course a Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English in 10+2 examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, backward classes the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry Biology and English taken together in qualifying examination be 40%.
General school information:
He / She has passed qualifying examination as follows:
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years education structure as recommended by the National Committee on education;
- The Pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The preprofessional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a Compulsory Subject.
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board of recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject;
- The first year of the three-year degree course of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
- *B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects-Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects-Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English.
- *Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
* Candidates will have to obtain eligibility from the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab.
1. Examination of universities / board / body outside India Applicants seeking admission on the basis of qualification obtained in foreign countries from a University/ Board outside India shall apply to the Registrar Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Kotkapura Road, Faridkot-151 203, Punjab, India http://www.babafariduniv.com/ to receive an Eligibility certificate for applying for admission to 1st year Undergraduate courses of this college. If a true copy of the eligibility certificate does not accompany the detailed marks of the qualifying examination for admission, the application will not be considered. However, all applicants who are hopeful of getting eligibility certificate from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences can appear in the entrance test provided the fee for the test has been paid by the applicant.
2. Punjab domicile candidates should have passed his/her 10+1 and 10+2 examination or other qualifying examination (as listed above) as regular candidate from a recognized institution situated in Punjab only. The candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/Head of the Institution last attended in the prescribed Performa. The candidates who have studied as regular students both for 10+1 and 10+2, for two years in a recognized institution situated in Punjab and have appeared in the 10+2 examination from that institution but due to failure have cleared the 10+2 examination in supplementary batch, or subsequently are also el igible subject to the condition that they clear such examination before submitting form for Entrance Test or if they have appeared in the examination, at the time of submissions of the form for entrance test and their result of 10+2 is yet awaited, they submit a proof of having cleared the said examination at the declaration of the awaited result with requisite eligibility conditions.
3. In case the candidate has also studied mathematics along with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English then the marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for the purpose of calculation of 10+2 marks for consideration of merit.
4. Candidates having qualifying examinations from schools / institution outside India are to produce proof of Indian citizenship (Passport only) at time of admission. It is upon the candidate to prove and support with appropriate documentation and certificates that he / she is eligible to apply under a certain category and for the courses mentioned.