National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
Updated on: Mar 26, 2013
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER) is an autonomous body established by the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizer, Government of India. It was declared as the institute of National Importance by the Government of India through an Act of Parliament.
NIPER is a member of the association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities. It the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences.
The institute has been set up to meet the rquirements of the pharmaceutical industries and other research and teaching institutes.
NIPER CampusThe Institute provides modern equipment, labs and library. It imparts instructions for specialised courses in pharmaceutical sciences and management. The Institute provides accommodation facilities to its students and the teaching staff.
The campus stretches upto 130 acres. The medicinal plants garden on 25 acres of land has been set up on the campus which partly serves as a referral garden for medicinal plants of the region.
- Computer Centre
- Staff Rooms
- National Bioavailability Centre
- Library and Information Centre
- Central Animal Facility
- Ahmedabad (Mentor Institute- B. V. Patel Pharmaceutical Education and Research Development(PERD) Centre)
- Hajipur (Mentor Institute- Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences)
- Hyderabad [Mentor Institute- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology]and Kolkata (Mentor Institute - Indian Institute of Chemical Biology)