Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh was set up in 1960 as a center of excellence.e medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine.
PGIMER came into being due to the vision and efforts of late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined state of Punjab.
The Institute was originally situated in the Government of undivided Punjab. The Institute became an autonomous body under the Act of Parliament in 1967 functioning under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
PGIMER Courses Offered
Undergraduate Courses (Paramedical)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Laboratory)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (X-Ray)
- B.Sc.Audiology& Speech Therapy
- B.Sc.Med.Tech. Radio-therapy
- Bachelor of Physical Therapies (B.Ph.T)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Operation Theatre)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Perfusionist)
Eligibility: 10+2(Physics,Chemistry,Biology,English);Age 17-25 years
- B.Sc.Nursing (Post Basic)
Eligibilty: 10+2 under 10+2+3 scheme or any other examination recognized by the Panjab University; Registered RN/RM; Thee years bedside experience in bedside nursing or public health nursing in Central/State Govt. recognized hospital/institute.
Post Graduate Courses
- M Sc
- M.Sc.Med.Tech. (Pathology)
- M.Sc.Med.Tech. (Microbiology)
- M.Sc.Med.Tech. (Radiology)
- M.Sc.Med.Tech. Pharmacology& Physiology
- M.Sc.Med.Tech. (Biochemistry)
- M.Sc.Med.Tech. (Transfusion Medicine)
- M.Sc.Speech & Hearing
- MS (E.N.T)
- MS (General Surgery)
- MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- MS (Ophthalmology)
- MS (Orthopaedics)
Eligibility For M D / M S
- MD (Anaesthesiology)
- MD (Biochemistry)
- MD (Dermatology, Venerology & Leprosy)
- MD (General Medicine)
- MD (Microbiology)
- MD (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- MD (Ophthalmology)
- MD (Paediatrics)
- MD (Pathology)
- MD (Pharmacology)
- MD (Psychiatry)
- MD (Radiotherapy)
Candidate must have a MBBS degree or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Doctorate Level Courses
- DM (Cardiology)
- DM (Gastroenterology)
- DM (Nephrology)
- DM (Neurology)
Candidate must have a MD (Medicine) or MD (Pediatrics) degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. For D M in Clinical Pharmacology candidates are required to have M D (Pharmacology) degree and for D M in Neonatology candidates are required to have M D (Pediatrics) degree.
Eligibility For M.Ch
- M. Ch (Cardio Thoracic Surgery)
- M. Ch (Neurosurgery)
- M. Ch (Paediatric Surgery)
- M. Ch (Plastic Surgery)
- M. Ch (Urology)
Candidate must have M S (Surgery) degree. In case of M Ch (Plastic Surgery) candidates are required to have MS (Surgery) / MS (ENT) degree.
Eligibility For MDS
Candidates are required to have BDS (Bachelors of Dental Surgery) degree.
Eligibility For M Sc Nursing
Candidate must have a B Sc Nursing degree or B Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) along with two years experience in bedside nursing or public health nursing in Central / State Govt. recognized hospital / institute.
- Post MD Certificate course in Cytopathology
- Post Doctoral Certificate Course in Vascular Neurosurgery
- Post MD Certificate Course in Med. Biotechnology
Eligibility For Post M D Certificate Course
- Cytopathology - Candidate must have M D (Pathology) Degree from a recognized University.
- Biotechnology - Candidate must have M D (Medicine) Degree from a recognized University.
- Immunopathology - Candidate must have M D (Pathology) / MvSc Degree from a recognized University.
Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Community Medicine, Cardiology, Exp. Medicine and Biotechnology, ENT, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Haematology, Histopathology, Immunopathology, Medical Microbiology, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Transplant Surgery, Transfusion Medicine, Urology, Nuclear Medicine, General Surgery, Parasitology, Ophthalmology, Forensic Medicine.
Eligibility For Doctorate
Minimum qualification required is that a candidate must have D M / M Ch Degree in the relevant field from a recognized University.
PGIMER Admission Procedure
- Undergraduate Courses
- Post Graduate Courses